This will be the last major student demonstration before the General Election – and its crucial we get as many students on the streets as possible to ensure our demands are put onto the political agenda.
More than 40 campuses are mobilizing for what is set to be the biggest national student demo in years.
With only 7 days to go, its time to hugely step up our efforts to make sure that this demo as big as possible.
There are many ways you can help. Check out our ’10 key ways to build the free education national demo’ for inspiration.
Here are a few more ways you can help in the final week:
1. Make sure there is a facebook event for your campus, for example ‘Goldsmiths goes to the free education demo’ – with local transport details and meet up points. Share this far and wide to campus society groups.
2. Make sure your Students’ Union website is advertising the national demonstration on its front page, ask your Students’ Union Officers to write an official blog in support and request that an email to ALL STUDENTS is sent out to advertise the demo.
3. Organise a team to do door knocking in halls, lecture shout outs and daily stalls during the busy times on campus – we need to use all methods to get the word out!
4. Change your profile picture to this one and tag all of your friends.
5. Get tweeting to support for the demo using the national hashtags #Nov19 #FreeEducation. Also sign up to the social media thunderclap here.
6. Invite all your friends and share the main facebook event. We already have over 4,500 people attending – last push it higher in the last week!
7. Order your last minute supplies of posters and leaflets by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org - be quick as we are running out fast!
When they say cut back - we say fight back!