The Student Assembly Against Austerity is proud to be one of the main organisers of the march which will take place on WEDNESDAY 19 NOVEMBER, assembling at 12noon on Malet Street in central London.
The General Election is just months away, and this national demo is a crucial opportunity to put the demands of students on the political agenda. We want an end to tuition fees, education cuts and student debt!
Next week, the Student Assembly Against Austerity is coordinating a major national week of action to promote the ideas of ‘THE STUDENT MANIFESTO 2015’ which we launched earlier this month – our list of demands for politicians and political parties heading into the General Election. Our first demand is for free education - and that is what we will be focusing on building support for during the national week of action which begins on Monday 27 October. Get involved!
Here are 10 key ways that you can help build the demo:
1. Join the facebook event here and invite all your friends – it takes 2 minutes to invite all your friends using this secret code.
2. Change your profile picture to this one until the day of the demo. Remember to tag lots of your friends and include a link to the national facebook event in the comments section.
3. Order leaflets and posters to give out on your campus – email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively we can send you the PDFs of the leaflet and poster to download and print off yourself.
4. Organise transport for students from your university and college to attend the demo. Contact us on email@example.com for advice on organising transport or we will put you in touch with people that might already be organising coaches and minibuses in your area.
5. Get active on campus! Organise a stall on your campus to get students signed up to attend the national demo. Do a ‘free education’ banner drop at a high profile point on campus. Write an article advertising the demo for your local and campus papers.
6. Set up a facebook event for your campus delegation - for example 'Goldsmiths students join the free education demo’. Remember to include any local information such as meet up/transport pick up times and locations as well as the key reasons why people should join the demo.
7. Sign up to our social media thunderclap to help us get the message out far and wide on the day of the demo. Sign up here.
8. Get tweeting on the hashtags #FreeEducation and #Nov19
9. Email all of your contacts with details of the national demo, including a link to the facebook event.
10. Make a donation to the Student Assembly Against Austerity online here. We are in urgent need of funds to print leaflets and posters so we can spread the word about the demo far and wide. Every penny helps!