On Wednesday 4 November thousands of students are expected to march through the streets of London on a national protest being organised by the National Campaign Against Fees and Cuts and supported by the National Union of Students (NUS) and the Student Assembly Against Austerity.
With one week to go here are 5 simple ways that you can build the demo:
1. Change your facebook banner photo to the one below and tag all of your friends.
2. Invite all of your friends to the facebook event.
3. Print off a few leaflets and get talking to students on campus about why they should come along to the demo. Cheap transport is being organised from all across the country – more details available here.
4. Sign up to support our social media thunderclap so we can create a huge social media buzz just 48 hours before the demo.
5. Write a facebook status and tweet encouraging your friends and followers to join the demonstration and explain your reasons for joining the march.
Next steps after the national demo
The Tories suffered a major defeat this week. Their tax credit cuts have been delayed by the House of Lords following a public outcry and mounting pressure from the anti-austerity movement.
We can make this the first of many defeats for the Tories... and let's make the next one a u-turn on the planned cuts to maintenance grants! Let's keep pushing hard after the demo.
Come along to the Student Assembly Against Austerity National Convention on Saturday 21 November to discuss what role students can play in bringing down this disgusting, heartless Tory government.
More info on the facebook event here.
Register your FREE place here.