What we stand for
The Student Assembly Against Austerity stands for:
- Building a broad, big, united movement to end austerity
- Building the People’s Assembly Against Austerity within the student movement.
- Free education – no cuts, no fees, no debt
- Defending public services and stopping privatization
- No more racist scapegoating. Immigrants are not to blame for the economic crisis, falling living standards or declining public services
- Equality and liberation – opposing racism, sexism, disability discrimination and LGBTphobia
- Stopping climate chaos and creating green jobs
- Welfare not warfare and scrapping Trident
- An ethical education and supporting the right to education across the world
We are the student wing of the People's Assembly Against Austerity. We build the People's Assembly and its initiatives on college and university campuses across Britain. We organise and support student meetings, protests, campaigns and events which correspond with what the Student Assembly Against Austerity stands for.